Friday, November 11, 2011

Great new Site I Found!

Sensory World Link. So Fun!


As a parent of a child with Autism, I am always on the lookout for great new things to expose him to, and expand his horizons.
Today while trying to do just that I found a really cool site. It is all about sensory. Helping them be stimulated, or calmed.
Letting them create a scene just for them of their choosing by clicking on the computer mouse icons in the picture. They can edit the floor, furniture, music/sounds, lighting, and walls ( what they look like from a scene background, to a solid color).
Each room is different. Some have only a few things you can change/customize. Others let you do it up all the way, in a style all your own!
Right now as I write this I am actually, myself, enjoying the "Sensory Room" option on the site!So relaxing.
In the picture you see below, it is actually me messing around in the " Sensory room" making it into a night scene with music, lightning bugs flying around, bunnies ect.

That is all for tonight folks! Be sure to check out my older entries for great ideas on: Free apps for the Ipad, great therapy toys on the cheap or how to be very sure you are getting exactly the right kind of trained professional caring for your child!




4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic site! Although I do not know anyone with any learnign difficulties at the minute, I am hopihn to become a teacher in the younger years, and I think this could be very useful for me if I ever have students with Autism. Thanks for the mention! :)

    Kittyh21 (from swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^_^ Kittyh21,
    I am glad to share all the knowledge I gain with others.
    If I can give other parents or even teachers/therapists a leg up to help a child, I will do it! These kids need as much help as they can get, and a well informed and kind parent/teacher or therapist goes a long ways!
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site! I bet it could help others to relax too. I hope your son liked it.

    (pocci from swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pocci,
    My son loved it! His favorite thing to do was to flush the toilet in the bathroom. He thought that was very amusing.
    I know for myself the music in the one room was very relaxing and I used it well.

    ReplyDelete