Saturday, March 19, 2011

Random rant

There are times that I miss Canada ( where I grew up), and for good reasons sometimes. The " sue you over everything" " I work hard for what i get, and dont want social medicine" attitudes drive me crazy.
Maybe I grew up in more prestige than I thought. I hate taking my son to a doctor appointment, paying a co-pay then awaiting the bill the month after.
Shots for children are not a luxery. They are required. So why should they cost 400? And that, my friends, is even with the " insurance company" kicking in thier part.
We are not well off, hell I would give about anything to be lower middle class!!
So, it takes us time to pay off that bill. Then, it seems that we just get it paid off and we are back at the doctor for some reason and we are back up!
The insurance companies that did away with the $500 deductable are theives! Not everyone has an extra $1000 to spend on doctor appointments and medications.
Then there is the " you have to pay up front if you go to the hospital" policies! What the hell is that about?
If you have a bleeding child, they shouldnt be caring if you have insurance, or if can pay thier $200 before treatment fee!
Who has $200 in an account sitting around for hospital fees? I know I dont!
People who think that is ok are either: better off than I am, or are worthy of a mental ward!
I find that even tho I legally live here and pay taxes ect, I miss the Canadian health care system. The one that works based on how much you make. Is it fare? You might not think so, but I have never ( as a child) been turn away for care.
Everyone hears horror stories about this, but they simply are not true!
If you are able to wait for a procedure because someone else can't, you will. If it is life threatening, then you will be taken care of.
I think people need to stop with all this finger pointing and name calling. Cuz Canada, unlike most of the USA, has health insurance and health care and gets thier medications when they need them.
Look at how many shows even show US citizens going to Canada for medications! This should be a sign to the US government that there is something wrong!
Where are the red flags?
Instead of looking to fight wars on foreign soils, why dont they work on poverty within thier own country? Where are those helping create support agencies in the USA?
Have they any idea how much a child with special needs costs? Do you know that there needs to be help in our own country first?
Stop, look around. A socialized medication system would be a blessing. You need to see that paying $250 a month to company every year to use about $600 worth the medical treatment is wrong, especially when that company dont cover emergency treatments. Especially when you have to argue most major surgeries to get them covered!
Turning away kids with Autism for disability when they require so much therapy to help them grow and prosper! Let them have it for 5 years, then re-evaluate! Even give them partial coverage! Cover speach therapy if thats what they need! Cover occupational therapy if thats what they need. Help them over come thier obstacles! Stop fighting wars that dont effect us and start looking at home.
Use your resources to find cures for all kinds of childrens ailments!

What do you think the US government should put that money to use for?

No comments:

Post a Comment